Research at the Faculty of Educational Sciences
Research in educational sciences primarily involves fields relevant to understanding children, conditions for adolescents and adults, and conditions for learning.
- Child and Youth Studies
- Educational Leadership
- The Research Group on Comparative Curriculum Studies
- Sustainable Development
- Mathematics Teaching
- Naturvetenskapens och teknikens didaktik
- Pedagogics and Special Needs (the PS-group)
- Studies of Language Practices (STOLP)
- Studies in Childhood, Learning and Identities as Interactional Practices (CLIP)
- Studies in Educational Policy and Educational Philosophy (STEP)
- Studies of Meaning-making in Educational Discourses (SMED)
- Uppsala Studies of History and Education (SHED)
- Uppsala Transdisciplinary Seminar in Education and Sustainable Development (TRUST)
- Sociology of Education
Graduate school in subject didactics
Uppsala University is making a major investment in a graduate school in subject didactics. With this initiative, we want to contribute to helping teachers, parents, politicians and of course children and young people feel proud of their school. A school which is not constantly under discussion due to problems, but is instead debated and a participant in the debate as a successful example.
Honorary doctoral degrees
Honorary doctoral degrees are awarded to distinguished individuals who have made an outstanding academic contribution or in some other way promoted research at the University. Each year, the faculty boards have the opportunity to appoint one or more honorary doctors.